Monday, August 31, 2009

Painter's Paradise Class



Sandy Scales assist class member as Mark speaks with John.



A class member paints while Jo Lutness checks her wet palette..............



One of the pieces I was painting (yes, this is my piece).........................



We painted some and then we SHOPPED FOR GOODIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Of course, then I SHOPPED some more.....................................

Good Monday morning everyone! We returned from our Sandy Scales classes held at Painter's Paradise in Delaware last night arriving back home around 7:30 pm. We made excellent time even though the traffic was somewhat heavy all the way down the road. I don't have a lot of time this morning to post so I thought I would at least get some of the pictures I taken up on the blog. All the pictures above where taken this weekend at Jo and Johns (Painter's Paradise). It was a little hectic as we were trying to complete three McNaughton pieces but we all seemed to survive to live another day...................ha. Jo made sure that Mark and I behaved and did not disrupt the class as she sat right behind us, we assume to keep us in line. All kidding aside, we had a great time. There were times that I felt a little frantic mainly because since I am a BBiT (Big Brush in Training), I just do not paint as fast as some of the more experienced painters (Mark paints faster than I do............show off). However, I was able to hang in there and finished two pieces with very good progress on the third. I guess I have to drag out the paints to finish the third piece. Anyway, all was great. We painted, and laughed, we painted and laughed some more. Sandy is a great teacher (lots of patience with all of us.......ha) we feel that we learned a lot in the class. The place, Painter's Paradise, was very comfortable and a very nice training facility. Now for those of you that missed Sandy's classes this weekend, I understand from Jo that Sandy will be back at Painter's Paradise in December of this year (I think the first weekend). Mark and I have already made plans to be there................Until I have a little more time to blog, post my finished pieces (need to take photos) and Mark's finished pieces also, keep painting...................................Have a great day, I am off to work............................

No comments:

Post a Comment