Saturday, October 17, 2009

Pampered Palette Now on Facebook



BE SURE AND VISIT WWW.PAMPEREDPALETTE.COM TO PRE-ORDER ALL YOU HERITAGE MULTIMEDIA ACRYLICS AND SUPPLIES...................................................

What a hectic week. I returned from New Orleans last weekend (90 degree weather down there) and had to start getting things done on the website and the new store. I have added some new products to the online store and then I have utilized the rest of my time working on my accounting system. I received notification that a new upgrade release was available so of course I had to bring that down to install. Hopefully, I will get everything together so that I can get back to painting a little. Oh, I did get to paint just a little bit on Wednesday. I am working on David's Ompir Fruit Tray. All I have completed to date is the white base coating of the fruit. I am hoping to find the time to paint a little this weekend so that I can move forward on the tray and work on my wicker basket piece as well. I just do not seem to find the time to get everything done.

Well this week I spent a lot of time building my Facebook presence. I do not know if I really understand all the ins and outs of Facebook yet but I do have a presence. As of this morning I have about 145 decorative painting friends. Some have sent some very nice comments about my website and my painting projects. Hopefully, we can use Facebook to promote decorative painting which in turn may bring new interested artist into the decorative art community. Well anyway that is the plan hopefully it works.

This week also included the new Pampered Palette advertisements in the NCC of SDP and the Shenandoah Valley Decorative Painters newsletters. This is my first time at advertising the online store in local newletters so hopefully that will pay off with lots of interest. The ad basically announces that Pampered Palette has established the online store providing the new Heritage MultiMedia Acrylics and assorted painting supplies for the Washington DC area decorative arts community. I have plans also to run the ad in the Old Dominion Decorative Painters association as well as the Potomac View Decorative Painters. I am just trying to get the word out there about the arcylics.

Upcoming events include the many seminars and classes. I am waiting for the New Heritage Educational Program (want to take all those classes), I have a seminar in December at Painter's Paradise with Sandy Scales, a three day seminar with Maureen McNaughton at SDP in February 2010, and David's Rosemaling seminar in July 2010. Now add to that seminars at the SDP Convention and HOOT, I would have say that I now have a very busy year. I guess that will keep me busy and out of trouble for a while. Other than everything going on with the new business (business cards, checking account, accounting system, etc) that is about it for this week. Until next time, Happy Painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment