Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Fruit Tray Next Steps



Well believe it or not, I worked on my fruit tray a little over the weekend. I added a little bit of color in between working on my new accounting system, setting up a FaceBook page, a Twitter page, updating the blog and going shopping. I never realized how much work it is putting everything together for my online business. It just seems that there is not enough time to get everything done. I am still waiting for the paints to arrive, which I am sure most of are but it has not stopped me for marketing the new Heritage classes and the paints. I am hoping that when the paints finally arrive, then I will have all the setup stuff behind me and then I can focus on actually building the business. I have run advertisements in two of the local association news letters and will place an advertisement in two additional associations next month. Those ads and the FaceBook presence, with over 275 followers, has increased dramatically the traffic to my website. I have over 5000 hits on my website with a recent 130 hits to the new store. I take that as a good sign as it is at least exposing individuals to the new paint line and the new classes. I also did an email blast across the country to various organization members announcing the online store along with the paints and supplies available. It just takes so much time. And remember, I have a full time job that keeps me travelling around the country. Boy, I am pooped.

Anyway, I want to work on the fruit tray again some more today as I am trying to get it finished before I receive the walnut trunk that I am having made to paint. I plan to do fruit on the trunk so want to get this one completed and out of the way before the delivery (October 31) of the new trunk. I guess if I set my mind to it, I can do it. Well, if I don't get off this computer, I will never do any painting. Therefore, until the next time, Happy Painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment